Health Promotion and Community Health Services
The Department of Health Promotion and Community Health Services invites application for two non-tenure track faculty positions at the rank of Instructional Assistant Professor in McAllen, TX. This positions are both full time, 9-month appointment, with a start date that is negotiable.
Must have college-level teaching experience and a master’s degree in a discipline relevant to public health from an accredited institution.
Also must possess:
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with interdisciplinary teams
- Experience teaching college level students in courses relevant to public health
- Evidence of teaching proficiency, and willingness and ability to maintain a large teaching load
- Expertise and ability to teach a combination of graduate level courses in health promotion/social and behavioral health, and/or undergraduate courses in public health broadly, and in the area of health promotion and/or epidemiology in particular
Preferred Qualifications: Professional experience in an academic health science program and experience in the scholarship of public health practice. DrPH or PhD degree in a discipline relevant to public health from an accredited institution.
- Contribute to the teaching activities of the School of Public Health focusing on advancing the school’s undergraduate curricula, and contributing to the graduate curricula in the Department of Health Promotion & Community Health Sciences
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses at a 3:3:1 teaching load
- Participate in scholarly activities and provide service both internal and external to the university
How to Apply
Applications must be made through the Texas A&M Workday website with reference number R-015780.
External Applicants: If you currently are NOT a Texas A&M System employee, please click below to go to our external career site to view our jobs. Go to External Career Site - https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMU_External
Internal Applicants: If you currently ARE a Texas A&M System employee: Go to Internal Career Site - https://jobs.tamu.edu/internal-applicants
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Texas A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity. SPH is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas A&M.
This position is security-sensitive and the finalist is subject to a criminal history background check.
By applying to this position, you authorize the Texas A&M Health Science Center (TAMHSC) and/or its agent, at any time during the application process and/or employment, to conduct an investigative consumer report that may include, but is not limited to, a criminal record check, employment and education verifications, verifications of personal references and reputation and driving record.