An applicant must submit all of the following documents by the posted deadline to be reviewed for admission. Additional requirements for international applicants can be found at the international applicant information webpage.
SOPHAS Application and Application Fee
- Visit the SOPHAS FAQs for instructions and for helpful tips.
Three Letters of Recommendation
- SPH prefers at least: one academic reference from a higher education institution and one professional reference. The remaining letter may be either professional or academic.
- SPH cannot accept hard copies of letters for the SOPHAS application.
Statement of Purpose
- Review the Instructions section in your SOPHAS application for more details. In addition to describing why you want to pursue the chosen degree plan/concentration and attend the Texas A&M School of Public Health, SOPHAS recommends addressing the following topics:
- Reasons for interest in public health
- Reasons for interest in academic department or concentration
- Reasons for interest in the school or program
- Career goals
A Current Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Official transcripts from each U.S. and English-speaking Canadian college-level institution attended must be sent to SOPHAS. The School of Public Health cannot accept official transcripts on behalf of SOPHAS.
- A World Education Services (WES) ICAP Course-by-Course evaluation of academic records from institutions outside the U.S. and English-speaking Canada (if applicable) is required. View the international applicant information webpage for more information.
Official Test Scores
- Test scores are required by the degree program (only valid if taken within the last five years prior to application deadline.
Per SOPHAS instructions, request the testing agencies send scores to SOPHAS as noted below. No department code is required:
- GRE – Institution Code 7841, “Texas A&M HSC Pub Hth SOPHAS”.
- MCAT – Code "SOPHAS" (Schools of Public Health Application Service)
For the the following, request that the scores be sent directly to the School of Public Health:
- GMAT – Select “Texas A & M University” using school code 7B7K957.
Beginning with the Fall 2019 admissions cycle, the DAT, LSAT and PCAT scores will no longer be accepted for MPH programs.
The following conditions will waive the test score requirement for MPH applicants:
- Hold a ECFMG Certificate (copy of official verification required by applicant from ECFMG).
- Current U.S. licensed medical physician (copy of license required).
- Previously earned master's or doctoral degree from a United States accredited institution.
*In addition to the requirements listed above, an applicant may be requested to participate in a personal interview.