eCampus is the university-wide learning management system (LMS) used for uploading syllabi, managing grades, and teaching courses either partially or completely online.
Comments on settings for your Blackboard quizzes/exams
The following settings are important to avoid technical issues. You can cover the rest of the settings as you preferred.
- Open test in new window- No
- Make available to students: Yes (it will follow display settings)
- Force completion- Do not use
- Set timer: 360 minutes maximum
- Display after and until, make sure the times are correct
- Password can be blank, or provided by instructor via email or ecampus.
- Due date: this is recommended. If you don't want students to submit exam after due date, make sure to check box below Due Date. Do not allow students to start the Test if the due date has passed.
- Include this Test in Grade Center score calculations. Yes, check box
- Show test results and feedback to students (Options):
- After submission: you can add score and just submitted answers
- After due date: score and submitted. This way you are not compromising your exam questions
- After attempts are graded: this is recommended for exams that include essay questions. You can release score and feedback.
- Test presentation:
- All at Once: all questions in one page
- One at a Time Prohibit Backtracking: just one question per page, not going back option
- Randomize questions: it will create different versions automatically. That doesn't affect anything with grades, just the order of questions during the exam.
For more information, consult the Instructor Help section
|Tool||Description||Faculty & Staff||Students|
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a robust web conferencing system that works seamlessly with eCampus (Blackboard Learn) to conduct interactive instruction and meetings of all types and sizes.
Respondus enables the creation and management of printed and online exams. You can create exams directly within Respondus, import existing exams from word processor files, or pull content from publisher test banks.
Visit the Texas A&M Software Store to download Respondus at no cost. Note: The software licensing expires annually and must be updated.
|Tutorial||Watch video tutorial|
Peerceptiv is a cloud-based, double-blind, student peer-to-peer assessment system that integrates with eCampus (Blackboard Learn).
Polling System used by the School of Public Health that allows you to poll your students using different types of questions.
|Use your @email.tamu.edu to login|
Mediasite is the university's standardized streaming media system that provides either public or private access to video and audio content. Mediasite integrates with eCampus (Blackboard Learn Learning Management System), and academic content is planned to closely correspond with eCampus courses or any future LMS.
Turnitin is an online database system designed to help instructors detect plagiarism, track citations, facilitate peer reviews, and provide paperless grading markup in written assignments.
Students can submit papers directly from eCampus (Blackboard Learn) or instructors can use Turnitin.com's web-based service if preferred.
If you do not use eCampus or would prefer to use Turnitin through the web, contact Academic Innovation to request an account to access Turnitin's web-based services.
Note: The university's licensing only covers use by instructors for their TAMU courses.