Adobe Connect is a web conferencing platform for web meeting, eLearning, and webinars. The current version is Adobe Connect 10.5 and supports:
- Video (MP4)
- Audio (MP3)
- Annotations & Whiteboard
- Courses (Adobe Presenter/Adobe Captivate)
Requirements for Adobe Connect:
For best results using Adobe Connect, please use a USB headset/microphone. This will minimize or eliminate feedback or extraneous background noise. Below are examples from Logitech that are recommended, though many other high-quality options are available at reasonable prices.Webcam
When using Adobe Connect having a webcam is necessary to share a video of yourself. Adobe Connect recognizes and utilizes many built-in or USB webcams.
- 1.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or faster processor (or equivalent)
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, Windows Edge browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v66.0 or above), Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 or above) and Edge (EdgeHTML v16 or above)
- 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo or faster processor
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.11, 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
- Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome
- For HTML Client - Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Apple Safari (v11.0 & above) and Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above)
- The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later
- Some features may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect meetings if one is using an Adobe Connect Server older than version 9.4.2 (required for Custom pods)
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
- Bandwidth: 512 Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end-users of Adobe Connect applications.
- Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
- Adobe Connect account management by Meeting Hosts, Event or Webinar Managers, Virtual Classroom Managers, and Administrators requires Adobe Flash Player 13 or higher.